Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan (NFAK), Is the Great Personality
“Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan” the one who remains alive in the hearts of people of every era. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was the solo singer of Pakistan. “Nusrat” the legend was born on the 13th of October 1948 in Faisalabad the old “Lyallpur”.Nusrat belonged to the Muslim family, son of Fateh Ali Khan nephew of Mubarak Ali Khan and Salamat Ali Khan. Khan’s family sang classical music, the music of the soul, romance, and praise.
“Legends are born not be made”
Nusrat,son of Fateh Ali Khan made his first performance on his father’s Chehalem in 1964.In 1966, Nusrat sang first time at a public level with his uncle Salamat Ali Khan. After the death of Mubarak Ali Khan, Nusrat continued with Salamat Ali Khan till 1971.
The Triumph Of Nusrat Fateh:
Nusrat gave a new shape to qawwali, an innovator of the era of the 19s. Nusrat went to every corner of the world and got endless fame forever. Nusrat, the “Qawwal of the qawwals” the “King of the Kings” still rule the hearts of people. Nusrat gave his first concert in the United Kingdom in 1985. Nusrat went to the United State in 1989 for the very first time.
“Personality begins where comparison ends”.
Khan contributed to many Pakistani moviesas a playback singer. He sang basically in Urdu and Punjabi. But he sang in Persian, Hindi, and Braj Bhasha also. In 1990, Nusrat contributed to several blockbuster movies. He recorded 125 Qawwali Albums before his death and detain the Guinness World Record for the “Most Qawwali Recordings”. Khan later received the award regarded as the “Legend” at the UK Asian Music Rewards. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s endowment has ravished millions across the world with his majestic and expressive voice. He combined many Western musicians, which Michael Brook, Peter Gabriel, and Eddie Vedder have included. He also sang a song for a movie directed by Tim Robbin, Oliver Stone, and Martin Scorsese.
The word “Original” commonly acquires stales while narrating appreciable works of art but it is directly related to the two of the albums Nusrat’s recorded for Real World Record. One of those, “MusttMustt” 1990s associated with Michael Brook and the other 1996s Night Song…, an album for lifetimes, disregard style, and consolidate Khan’s prominence as one of the global finest singers. Jeff Buckley, in 1993 an American singer and songwriter relate the Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan as “my Elvis”.
In 1995, Nusrat was awarded the UNESCO, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization Music Prize. Nusrat’s album Intoxicated Spirit, and Night Song was recommended for Grammy Awards in 1997.In 1996, in Japan Nusrat was awarded the Arts and Culture Prize of the Fukuoka Asian Culture Prize. Nusrat, in Japan still remembered as the “Singing Budha”.
“Nusrat the Nusra…”:
Nusrat, the beat of millions of hearts sang the songs like “Saanso Ki Maala”, “Mere Rashk-e-Qamar”, and“DulheKaSehra”…, that are still such an adorable expressiveness. Not only these but hundred of amazing and affecting songs, he sang. Nusrat recorded about 69 volumes of albums other than single recordings. The single recorded which include “Jana JogiDyNaal”, “Tauba”, “Saqi Mere Saqi”,and “AfreenAfreen”which are on another level. Here, there is no end, rather the collections of albums are extremely spectacular which include “TumhenDilLagi”, “Dum Dum Ali Ali”, “Nit Khair Manga”, “ Bulle Shah”, “Jay TuRab Nu Manana”…etc, the tremendous era of singing.
Indian movies of Nusrat’s soundtracks are “AurPyar Ho Gya” in 1997, in 1999 “Kartoos and Dillagi”, “Dharkan” in 2000, and “Guru” in 2007. Several tracks of Nusrat’s still remixed or recomposed by many musicians. Not only this rather many songs of Nusrat’s are copied by other singers. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s music had a great influence on Bollywood music. Many musicians in the late 1980s, were inspired by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. He also cooperated with A.R Rehman and JavedAkhtar.
- Khan is broadly praised for his devotional aura and typical elation. He is said to be the “Shahanshah e Qawwal”.
- Khan is considered as the “hidden faithful heritage” to the Western Audience.
- In 2002, Derek Trucks Band’s album Joyful Noise included the cover page of “MakkiMadni”, which presents the highlight guest performance by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, The Khan’s nephew.
- In 2004, Brooklyn Qawwali Band, a tribute band was established in New York by rhythmist Brook Martinez to present the Nusrat’s songs.
- Gaudi, a performer, and an ambient music producer in 2007, later being allowed access to classify recordings from Khan’s former label in Pakistan, (The Gramophone House)released an album of completely new songs collected lasting vocals. Dub Qawwali, the album,was released by Six Degree Records.
- Google celebrated the 67th birthday of Nusrat’s on the 13th of October 2015 with the Doodle, google’s homepage in six countries including Pakistan, Kenya, Ghana, Japan, India, and Sweden. They called the “Nusrat” the man “who opened the globe’s ear to the rich”. Google said, “Thanks to his renowned voice, Khan’s helped present the ‘world music’ to the world”.
- Faisal Mohyuddin an American Pakistani poet, published a book “The Displaced Children of Displaced Children”, In 2018. He included the poem “Faisalabad” to present a tribute to Khan and the city of Khan’s birth. “Faisalabad” includes several quotations to Nusrat, including the citation.
“The highest tribute to death is not to grief but gratitude”
Nusrat, the legend, a man of soul met his Lord on the 16th of August 1948 at the age of 48 by a severe heart attack suddenly at Cromwell Hospital. According to many spokespersons, Khan had severe issues of Kidney and Liver. He went to London for treatment of his illness. He was admitted to Cromwell Hospital in London. His body was deported to Faisalabad and the funeral of the great icon was a public affair. The slogan was buried in Jhang Road Graveyard (The KabootranWala Qabristan) old, at Jhang Road Faisalabad.
“The greatness of human personality begins at the hour of birth”
Nusrat, the era of musicality gave a new shape to classical music, qawwalis, and music of romance. “Shahanshah e Qawwal” the great icon was the first who explore the world by his voice. Nusrat, the legend to get art acknowledgment in the entire world. Not only national rather at the International level he acquired stardoms and remains alive in heart of people of all time. The “Budai”, Nusrat.
For more articles visit this website