What is the good checklist to be followed by the people while purchasing the secondhand Scooty or scooter?
There are several kinds of prospective two-wheeler buyers who are seeking entry into the ownership market by purchasing second-hand scooters so that they can ease their life and can avail several other advantages. Considering India’s crowded roads where bumper-to-bumper traffic always is there it is very much advisable for people to indulge in purchasing scooters only so that people can ease their overall travelling and commuting without any kind of problem.
It is very much advisable for people to be clear about different kinds of aspects so that they can be sure of the best decisions associated with purchasing of secondhand Scooty bike. The people should indulge in comprehensive checklist following in the whole process and two main types of checks are explained as:
- The mechanical check: Under this particular area people need to be very much clear about different kinds of aspects of the whole thing so that overall goals are very easily achieved and there is no problem at any point in time. Some of the basic points to be undertaken over here will be:
- People should have a look at the paint, dents, scratch, tires and several other kinds of things that are visually very easy to identify. If there is any kind of minor issue in the whole process then people need to discuss things openly with the seller.
- People need to examine the level of the engine oil because it will help in determining if the condition of the scooter is good or not.
- The prospective buyer very well needs to check the taillights and headlights along with several other kinds of switches of the scooter so that everything is in optimum working condition at all times.
- People need to take the scooter off the stand and roll it back to ensure that everything has been perfectly in top-notch condition.
- People need to sit on the two-wheeler and ride it like a horse by application of the front brakes and other things. This particular aspect will help in ensuring that functioning will be top-notch and there will be no issue at any point in time. If things are in favour of the people then they can very easily proceed with the purchasing process.
- The people should examine the freeness of the cables in the whole process so that there is no issue and apart from this people also need to look for any kind of leakage of oil and carburettor overflow.
- It is very much advisable for the people to be clear about the checking of the level of electrolyte or the distilled water into the scooter and for this purpose people also need to check out these junctions of battery for the sulphate deposits.
- All these kinds of technical aspects have to be taken into consideration by the people to ensure that they can indulge themselves in accurate purchasing decisions.
- People also need to check the sounds associated with the scooter and for this purpose, people need to start the engine and listen to as many songs as they can. Some of the things are very much common and some of the ones are not that common. The people should go with that purchasing decision who is sound is very much uniform.
- People need to take a test ride of the scooter and for this purpose taking a mechanic along with them is very much advisable so that technical aspects can be checked very easily.
- The paperwork check: When the people are mechanically justified and satisfied with the whole process then indulging in technical paperwork check is another very important aspect to be considered by the people in the whole process. The checklist is:
- People need to be clear about the registration certificate and the chassis number of the scooter which should perfectly match with each other. It should also mention the number of owners or the colour of the scooter and other technical details.
- People should always indulge in purchasing a scooter that has a valid taxation certificate.
- People need to check if everything is having comprehensive two-wheeler insurance or not.
- The people should be clear that ensuring the scooter which has valid pollution under control certificate has been carried out so that there is no problem at any point of time in the whole process and everything has been professionally undertaken.
- People need to ask the previous owner about the overall service history records of the scooter from the authorised service centres so that optimum performance can be easily ensured and there is no problem in the whole process.
- People should get the no-objection certificate before completing the purchase. This particular certification will be very well required at the time of transferring the two-wheeler from one RTO to another one.
Hence, being clear about both of these kinds of checks is very much important to be undertaken by the people because having a clear-cut idea about such things will always allow the people to indulge in accurate purchasing decisions. These kinds of the checklist will always help in ensuring that people will be on the right track of purchasing the secondhand scooter. It is also advisable for people to ensure that there should be a maximum number of tricks in this particular checklist so that people have the best possible experience from the second-hand scooter.
So, whenever the individuals are interested to buy second hand scooter then being clear about all the above-mentioned points is very much important and further it should be followed up by a personal visit to the current owner to ensure that condition is top-notch and everything matches with the expectations. Hence, having a good hold over the above-mentioned points will always allow the people to strike the deal professionally and save a lot of money. Following all the points mentioned above will always provide the people with an opportunity to save a lot both in terms of time and money.